Author: Margaret

May 23, 2018 Margaret No comments exist

Why do I have to keep my dog on a leash?  There are several good reasons for this rule. Recently a frustrated landowner revoked his permission for our use of his land because people were not abiding by this rule. About 60% of the Bruce Trail is owned by the conservancy.  The remaining 40% is owned…

May 6, 2018 Margaret No comments exist

Two recently made re-routes of the main trail get hikers off the road and deeper into the woods.  Check out the changes in going into Short Hills from DeCew House and in Woodend.  http://brucetrail.org/trail_changes  Thanks to Rick Waters, Trail Director and his team of dedicated volunteers for making these changes.  You will still get to…

May 5, 2018 Margaret No comments exist

A beautifully sunny day greeted hikers on April 29th for the Annual General Meeting (AGM).  Mud slowed down the hike but did not deter hikers from a terrific loop into Short Hills Provincial Park.  A second hike looped onto the Rockway bridge and to the lower falls. Debbie Demizio, President of the Niagara Bruce Trail…

February 24, 2018 Margaret No comments exist

Registrations is OPEN.  Plan your trek along the Bruce Trail by completing the Niagara section over one long weekend. Online Eventbrite registration: https://goo.gl/2tW8tv Hike this historic 80km section of the Bruce Trail over three days (from Grimsby to Queenston).  Enjoy panoramic views of vineyards, orchards and Lake Ontario.  Rocky sections, heavily wooded areas, remnants of historic…

February 19, 2018 Margaret No comments exist

Niagara Bruce Trail Club has six to eight hikes scheduled per week.  There are plenty of hikes to keep the most avid hiker happy but those of you who would like to venture further afield, we have added End-to-End hikes in Dufferin, Blue Mountain, Peninsula and Beaver Valley.  These hikes are led by Niagara Hike…

January 1, 2018 Margaret No comments exist

Great Way to Start a New Year 45 hikers attended the New Year’s Day President’s Hike.  Debbie Demizio, President was unable to attend due to family commitments.  Past President, Corrie Kellestine and Margaret Northfield, Hike Co-ordinator, led two hikes. A message from Debbie: Thanks very much for coming to today’s New Year’s Day hike and…

December 21, 2017 Margaret No comments exist

Start Your Winter Log Eighteen hikers met today in Jordan for the weekly Thursday hike. Today is the first day of winter, each hiker is able to mark this hike as their first winter hike. Only 19 more hikes and they have earned the winter badge!  

December 19, 2017 Margaret No comments exist

Start a Winter Hiking Log Stay in shape and enjoy one of the best hiking seasons!  We have a schedule full of winter wonderland hikes to meet the needs of every skill level of hiker.  Check it out at www.niagarabrucetrail.club/wp/calendar/   It usually takes a couple of hikes to figure out the layers to suit…

December 15, 2017 Margaret No comments exist

Holiday Message from the President of the Niagara Bruce Trail Club Well, it is hard to believe that it is already time to say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year.  So, as we celebrate this holiday season, I hope we will continue to share time with family and friends. Let us use…

November 23, 2017 Margaret No comments exist

A calendar has been added to our website. You may ask, “Why is this any different than the hike schedule?” Most of the content is the same – the remaining Fall schedule and the entire Winter schedule are posted on the calendar. Now you will be able to search the schedule by pace and terrain….